The 2022 Application Deadline is Now Closed. (June 27, 2022)
Thank you for using our new application portal Kaleidoscope.
The Kids’ Chance of Florida Scholarship Program awards scholarships to dependent children of a worker killed or seriously injured in a claim accepted as compensable under The Florida Workers’ Compensation Act (Chapter 440, Florida Statutes); the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (33 U.S.C. § 901 et seq.); or the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (5 U.S.C. Chapter 81). The Program is administered by the Kids’ Chance of Florida, Inc. and is governed by Board of Directors representing a cross-section of the legal and workers’ compensation communities. The completed on-line application and supporting documents must be submitted by the deadline date. On-line submissions will not be accepted after the deadline. All applicants will be notified once the Kids’ Chance Scholarship Committee and Board of Directors make their decision. Scholarship money is limited and varies from year to year. Applying for this scholarship does not guarantee you a scholarship award, nor does it guarantee an award for any subsequent years. Kids’ Chance scholarship recipients must reapply each year.
1. Are you a resident of Florida?
2. Have you been accepted for admission to an accredited Florida Technical School, College or University?
3. Are you the child of someone who suffered a serious or fatal accident at work?
4. Has that accident or disease been accepted as compensable (the employer or carrier is paying medical and lost wage benefits) under the Florida workers’ compensation law, the federal workers’ compensation law, or The Longshore and Harborworkers’ Act?
If you can answer “Yes” to all the questions above, you have met the preliminary qualifications for our scholarship program. We encourage you to complete the full on-line application.
Kaleidoscope Application Portal
*The recommended browsers are Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge. Please do not use Internet Explorer.
- New Applicants: Click here if you are a new applicant to create your account and enter your information.
- Re-Application: Click here if you are a returning scholarship applicant to create your account and enter your information.
All documents can be uploaded to the scholarship portal as they become available, and the final deadline for all documentation is June 27, 2022.
In the application portal, you can skip between pages by clicking “View All Pages” at the bottom of the screen without having to enter the information.